An appropriate amount of stress is vital to motivate and build resilience in character. However, it should not overwhelm you. The key to successful stress management lies in taking charge: you have to effectively deal with schedule demands, your thoughts, your emotions and occasional situation crises.
When you are in control, you will experience a balanced life coupled with minimal stress. The constant need to work within deadlines may leave you mentally drained. However, applying stress management tips will enable you to identify and improve your overall quality of life. Listed below are 10 tips for stress management applicable to everyone.
(1) Determine the source of stress. It might be partially caused by you. Procrastination and bad habits may be a significant contributor. Until you acknowledge and accept responsibility for your contribution, your stress will remain beyond control. You can use a stress journal to identify the regular stressors.
(2) Try breathing easy and visualize calm. Use deep breathing instead of shallow chest breathing. You can also visualize a relaxing scene such as walking on beach and focus on details such as sight and sound.
(3) Exercise and consume healthy food. A healthy lifestyle will strengthen the immune system weakened by stress. Cut down on caffeine-laced food and beverages to promote clearer thinking and concentration over time.
(4) Devise an affirmation. A simple "I can handle this" helps to dispel the negativities projected in your mind.
(5) Just say no if you are pushed to the limit. The measure of true success is being able to prioritize and say no if necessary.
(6) Take time off to de-clutter. The pile of mess on your table needs clearing. Sort the tasks according to importance and finish one at a time.
(7) Try aromatherapy and physical relaxation techniques. Yoga and Pilates helps to tune your mind and body while essential oils found in aromatherapy helps to calm your senses.
(8) Boost your vitamin intake. A daily multivitamin and mineral formula completes the recommended intake and helps you to function better physically and mentally.
(9) Talk to a friend. Sharing your worries with someone allows temporary relief of burden and helps you feel cared for.
(10) Cultivate a hobby. Your hobby should be something you're passionate about- it helps to take your mind off the stress and gives you a sense of renewed awareness.
Above mentioned are the most simple and useful 10 tips for stress management that I could think of for you today. They are practical and easy to follow. The next time you feel stressed out; remember that you are in control and try to practice the steps above!